TOP GIRL LIFESTYLE? FIRST BLOG POST!

 Hey.  

You look so beautiful when you smile, please don't stop.

 

I have started this post so many times in my head but I kept on doubting my ability to articulate sentences on the screen.

You see, I haven’t written in the longest – but, Beyoncé wasn’t built in a day, so you have to be patient with me.😅😅😅


This week, I jotted down so many things in my note – including random song lyrics, fleeting thoughts, affirmations, names (like, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart and Donatella Versace). *Insert laughing emoji* 

One thing that really stood out was the power of new beginnings and determination.  


I am a big advocate of starting over and over and over again until you find your feet. I believe in giving yourself as many chances as needed. Then I thought to myself, maybe I like the idea of starting over because I'm scared of moving to the next stage. Ouch  

I am not perfect. I am soooo scared of failing that I would rather remain in my comfort zone than take that bold step and do something big.  


This is where determination comes in- I realized that in order for me to do things outside my comfort zone, I have to be determined, I have to have a purpose, an objective, a goal I'm aiming at.  

This thing I'm starting - what do I hope to accomplish with it in the next 2 years? 5 years?  

What milestone do I intend to reach next week? A month from now? No matter how small it might seem.

And I have to believe so strongly in my purpose that I sleep to the thought of it and also wake up to it.  

I have to know what I want.  


I know I’m not alone in this undecidedness sometimes, this feeling like you’re directionless, confused, lost in life.  

Here’s what has helped me so far:


  1. 1. A daily reminder: You’re not late in life as long as you keep moving.  


  1. 2. There’s so much you can do. Find that thing (or those things) that sets your soul on fire and just take the first step.  


  1. 3. A wise man once told me to WRITE A PLAN. Where do I see myself in 2 years? 3 years? 5 years? The actions I take today, are they engineered towards that future I want for myself? You can even start with short term goals, a weekly to-do list perhaps. There’s this sweet feeling of accomplishment I get whenever I mark items off my to-do list. 


  1. 4. Find motivation. There will be days where you don’t feel up to it, days where none of it makes sense – find that activity that pushes you to get back to work. For me, it’s going to the gym, or blasting loud music alone in my room. It could be anything for you. Just find that thing that drives you. 


  1. 5. Have an accountability partner. Someone who helps you keep your commitment, someone who reminds you of why you started in the first place, someone you grow with. Find that person and hold them tight.  

 

I'll stop here, i promise to do skincare next 😂😁


Senior man, your face show and your shoe shine. You’re doing great.  


XOXO, Top Girl (Largely influenced by Top Boy, Haha).  


Keep being the bad girl/boy that you are. 



PS: This isn’t a motivational blog. This is just me talking to myself as usual.  

Comments

  1. It’s almost like you live in my head 👏

    ReplyDelete
  2. A really beautiful piece you've got there and an insightful one at that,
    I must say though, on some days motivation's gonna fail you
    You just have to be disciplined enough to still show up on those days

    ReplyDelete
  3. Felt love ❤️. This just made my day!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

NOW = PAST, PRESENT AND FUTURE

ON LOVE BEING THE TRUE RELIGION AND THE BUTTERFLY EFFECT.