NOW = PAST, PRESENT AND FUTURE
I turned 20 this year.
2 whole decades. I reminisce to the moments that led up to
this point, some I remember- some I have long forgotten.
I am learning to cherish every moment, cherish the present
because in no time it becomes a distant memory.
Music I used to love, people I used to know, places I used
to go, things I used to enjoy, dreams I used to have- all of it, almost forgotten.
Sometimes we would sit, high out of our minds, reminiscing-
“Remember when we used to go to June 12?”, “Remember when we were in the hostel?”,
“I wonder where A is right now. I remember when we used to go out together.”
Talking about alternate dimensions and different choices we
would have made, where it would have led us to, where we would be if we had
done certain things differently- but we sit content and we’re happy, not in
another place but this place, not for another hour but this hour and that’s all
that would ever matter.
It’s absolutely crazy how time flies, and through it all I’ve
been blessed to still have my friends, my past, my present, hopefully, my
future- I hope to do this life thing with them for as long as the universe will
have it.
And I am now being intentional about enjoying each moment
before it turns to a memory, I should probably start going out more also- I always
feel like I’m getting old and I’m always indoors, sooner or later I’ll have no
adventurous stories to tell my kids.
πππ
ReplyDeleteGo girlπ
ReplyDeleteEnjoyed reading this π☺️
ReplyDeleteAwwwn
ReplyDeleteI really want to do this life thing with youπ₯Ί
Your lovely Queen “Uje”